The first industrial study hall was opened on 17th September 1883.
In the first year there were 353 students and they learned in the evening school. They could choose from among the following trades: carpenter, tinker, hooper, barber, shoemaker, potter, hatmaker, upholsterer, glovemaker, car manufacturers, smith, ropemaker, stonemason, mason, bookbinder, chimney sweeper, locksmith, butcher, printer, watchmaker, gunsmith, coppersmith, cook, tailor, saddler, painter, soap manufacturer, furrier, weaver, tanner and glazier.
The full-time education was started in the 20th school year instead of the evening school.
After 1945 the industry study was disappeared and the centrally controlled vocational training was started.
In September 1949 the new semester began in Zalár Street with 5 classrooms. There were only steel industry trades for students between the ages of 14-22.
In 1968 the school moved to Kertész Street. The new building was designed by Alfred Peck.
The school chose a new name after the famous hero Gergely Bornemissza who was a handyman and a brave soldier in the siege of Eger against the Turkish in 1552.
Since 1968 the school has been found in the same place and it has been developing continuously.